The Stura valley is one of the Maritime Alps’ most enchanting corners, that becomes a real ski mountaineering paradise in winter. Thanks to its shape, this valley offers everybody (beginners and experts) the possibility to ski on winter and spring snows with different levels of difficulty. The Ski de randonnée activity can also cross over the Maddalena pass, which is a good alternative when the snow conditions aren’t great on the Italian side. In the Stura valley there are many accommodation facilities, among them the Osteria della Pace of Sambuco, where we can taste a delicious food and appreciate a varied wine list, as well as relax in the hotel wellness center after the long ski mountaineering excursions. If else you would like to spend two or more days deep in the mountain majesty, the Dahu de Sabarnui hut is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s an enchanted place that can be reached skis on feet or on a snowmobile/snowcat. This managed hut offers a high-quality food and its wine list counts more than 20 different labels and various home brews.
Other than the one-day excursions, whose program has to be agreed with the mountain guide, it’s possible to organize two- or multiple-day stays to enjoy greatly the beauties of this valley.
– 1st day: We meet up in Borgo San Dalmazzo or directly in the valley (timetable to be defined with the guide depending on the season). We ascend to the hut, have a coffee break during which we can unload our backpacks and then ski on one of the many possible itineraries. We go back to the hut and relax.
– 2nd day: We have breakfast and choose the excurision with the guide depending on the snow condition and the participants’ training level. We go back to the hut, have lunch, descend to the valley and return home.
Since there are countless possible itineraries, we can organize a “customized” excursion upon request for your group: it’s then up to you to decide the dates and number of days to spend in this ski mountaineering paradise.
LEVEL from easy to hard depending on the itinerary agreed with the guide
PERIOD from December to April based on snow cover
What do I need?
ARTVA, shovel, probe. Alpine skis (it’s possibile to hire them in an affiliated shop), climbing skins, ski boots, (harness, crampons, ice axe if necessary), ski poles, high altitudes suitable ski clothing (gore tex ski jacket and pants, gloves, helmet or ski cap, ski mask and sun glasses, winter coat and first layer). Sunscreen. Sandwiches, snacks and beverages.
What is included:
– Day with Global Mountain Alpine Guide.
What in not included:
– Rental of skimountaineering equipment
– Transfer, lifts and any overnight stays (the overnight stay of the guide is to be understood by the participants)